There were some good old days with learning technologies. I remember reading Seymour Papert’s Mindstorms (see video on right) and the thrill and joy of using Logo for the first time on an Apple IIe. Relive those heady days with FMSLogo.
FMSLogo is a free implementation of a computing environment called Logo, which is an interactive programming language that is simple, powerful, and best of all fun. You can download FMSLogo from the project portal on SourceForge.
There are many Logo environments to choose from, so why do I like FMSLogo?
- FMSLogo has a simple GUI that encourages learning.
- FMSLogo provides support for exploring diverse disciplines, including mathematics, engineering, art, music, and robotics.
- FMSLogo is smaller than most other Logo environments — it still fits on a floppy disk (if there still was such a thing).
- FMSLogo runs fine on computers that are 10 years old.
- FMSLogo has a strong, international user community with over a decade of classroom experience.